I love using my Amazon ice roller. It feels amazing, and not to mention there are a handful of ice roller benefits. Here are 6 benefits and how I use my ice roller.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I may earn a small commission when you click on the links and make a purchase. I will never recommend a product that I don’t support 100%.
- What is an ice roller?
- How to use an ice roller...
- What does an ice roller do? Here are 4 ice roller benefits.
- Which is better a jade roller or an ice roller?
- Can I use a jade roller as an ice roller?
- Do ice rollers really work?
- Best ice roller from Amazon
- ESARORA Ice Roller for Face & Eye
- Pin it for later!
- Want some more easy beauty posts?
What is an ice roller?
An ice roller is exactly what it sounds like. It's a handheld skincare tool that has a handle for you to hold and then a roller at the top. You put it in the freezer, the roller freezes, and then you roll it out on your face for a multitude of benefits.
How to use an ice roller...
I like to use my ice roller in the morning for about 20 minutes or so. I try to use it every day, and I definitely use it after a night of one too many drinks. Here's how I use it.
- So, I do my normal skincare routine. Wash my face, and apply my serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen.
- I then pull the ice roller out of the freezer in the morning and then roll it across my face. I always roll out, towards my ears, on my chin, and cheeks. It helps with lymphatic drainage. As for my forehead, I tend to go up and down from my eyebrows to my hairline and then roll it across lengthwise, from one temple to the other.
- Be sure to clean it after each use if you have sensitive or acne-prone skin. I stick it back in the freezer until next time.
If you are just getting an ice roller, I recommend placing it in your freezer and using it the next day. I've read articles where they say to put it in the freezer for 15-minutes, and I've found it's best left in the freezer at least overnight for 8 hours.
What does an ice roller do? Here are 4 ice roller benefits.
Depuff your face. I know I've had a few late nights and I wake up the next morning looking like someone took an air pump to my cheeks. When you roll the ice roller outwards, it helps with lymphatic drainage, reducing the puffiness of your face and increasing the blood flow.
Helps with headaches. Think of the ice roller as a cold compress for those headaches. You're using the cold roller to massage that tension and ache from your head.
Reduces inflammation. Because ice rolling increases blood flow using the cold roller, it's great for temporarily reducing redness or any signs of irritation on your skin.
Helps your skin absorb your products better. One takeaway you can get from this post is that the increase of blood flow from ice rolling is so beneficial for so many things. Because your blood flow is increasing, it helps with cell turnover, collagen production and better product absorption. However, you'll want to wait until your product has fully settled into your skin before rolling.
Which is better a jade roller or an ice roller?
I prefer an ice roller simply because I like the size and how cold it gets and how long it stays cold. Here are some key differences when it comes to jade roller vs. ice rollers.
Can I use a jade roller as an ice roller?
No, sadly. If you store the jade roller in the freezer, the cold temps can possibly cause the stone to get too cold and crack. It's best if you invest in an ice roller if you want to go the cryo-therapy route.
Do ice rollers really work?
Yes! Now, there's no evidence that they work for long-term results. Those ice roller benefits listed above are all short-term, but I don't see how consistent use can't help long-term.
Best ice roller from Amazon
I love this ice roller from Amazon. It's the ice roller I've had for years and it is the best.
Here are some other fan favorites to consider.