Trader Joe's sweet potato gnocchi are one of my favorite Trader Joe's frozen finds. They are so delicious, the sage butter sauce is amazing. I'm going to show you how I make these gnocchis into an easy weeknight dinner.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I may earn a small commission when you click on the links and make a purchase. I will never recommend a product that I don’t support 100%.
This is a perfect easy Trader Joe’s dinner recipe.
It’s so delicious! Seriously, this sweet potato gnocchi sauce is so good. Add some veggies and it is absolute perfection.
It’s so easy to prepare. Did I mention you don't even have to make the sauce? A few minutes of chopping, a few minutes of letting everything cook and you have this absolutely delicious and easy Trader Joe's dinner recipe.
Is Trader Joe's sweet potato gnocchi gluten-free?
Unfortunately, they are not gluten-free.
Ingredients needed for this easy sweet potato gnocchi recipe.
Veggies. I used mushrooms and onions for my veggies of choice, you can use whatever is in your fridge or whatever you're craving!
Greens. I recommend using kale or spinach for your greens.
Garlic. I always add fresh garlic wherever and whenever I can to recipes.
Olive Oil. This is to saute your veggies in before you incorporate the frozen sweet potato gnocchi from TJ's.
Trader Joe's Sweet Potato Gnocchi. I'm sure other stores have frozen sweet potato gnocchi, too, but if you have a TJs by you, I'm telling you this specific kind is a must.
How to cook Trader Joe's sweet potato gnocchi.
This sweet potato gnocchi could not be easier to cook. You simply put it in a non-stick frying pan with 2 tbsp of water. Cover and let it cook over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes. Uncover, stir it and then let it cook uncovered for an additional 2 minutes. So easy!
Here's how I made this Trader Joe's sweet potato gnocchi recipe.
Yes, cooking these just as they are packaged is so satisfying and delicious. But, if you are looking for a Trader Joe's sweet potato gnocchi hack, here's how I cooked this dish.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, pour in your oil, veggies, and garlic. saute until your onions are translucent. Add in your greens, add unit they're cooked down.
- Add in your gnocchi. Follow the directions on the packaging, add 2 tbsp of water, cover and let it cook for 3 minutes over a medium flame. Then, remove the lid and stir gently for 3-4 minutes or until the sauce forms and the gnocchi are heated through.
- Top with freshly grated parmesan and enjoy!
Trader Joe’s sweet potato gnocchi variations
Looking for ways to switch up this dish? Here are some ideas!
Have fun with veggies! Incorporate different veggies, maybe a delicata squash, some carrots, brussels sprouts, or whatever sounds good at the moment.
Add in a protein! I love Trader Joe's chicken sausage, you can use the roasted garlic or Italian variety for this recipe. You can also add in your protein of choice, or get really fancy and maybe add some crispy prosciutto or bacon. Yum!
Add a side of garlic bread. Who doesn't love a side of garlic bread? While the gnocchi are sauteeing on the stove, you can be making the best air fryer garlic bread.
Can you put Trader Joe's sweet potato gnocchi in air fryer?
Unless you line your air fryer with aluminum foil, I would advise against it. The butter sauce cooks so perfectly in a frying pan.
Here are some helpful Amazon home finds you may want for these recipes
Pin it for later!
Want some more easy Trader Joe’s dinner recipes?
- 5 Recipes to Make with Trader Joe’s Chicken Sausage
- 5 Ways to Use Trader Joe’s Ranch Seasoning
- Baked Cauliflower Gnocchi from Trader Joe’s
- Trader Joe’s Spicy Cashew Butter Recipes
Trader Joe's Sweet Potato Gnocchi
- 2 cups veggies of choice (I used mushrooms + onion)
- 2 cups greens I used chopped Kale
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 package Trader Joe's sweet potato gnocchi
- In a frying pan over medium heat, pour in your oil, veggies and garlic. saute until your onions are translucent. Add in your greens, add unit they're cooked down.
- Add in your Trader Joe's Sweet Potato Gnocchi. Follow the directions on the packaging, add 2 tbsp of water, cover and let it cook for 3 minutes over a medium flame. Then, remove the lid and stir gently for 3-4 minutes or until the sauce forms and the gnocchi are heated through.