This easy air fryer garlic bread recipe is done in only 15 minutes is the best homemade garlic bread recipe! It's perfect to pair with your favorite pasta, lasagna, or soup recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission when you click on the links and make a purchase. I will never recommend a product that I don’t support 100%.
Can you make garlic bread in an air fryer?
Yes! Garlic bread in the air fryer is my favorite way to make this recipe. It's so simple and done in just 5 minutes. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to make this in batches. With the size of the air fryer that we have, I had to make this in 2 batches, with 4-5 pieces in each batch. The good thing about making garlic bread in the air fryer is that you can crowd the pieces into the basket because unlike something like wings, they don't really need room to "breathe" and fry.
Here are the five ingredients you need to make the ultimate garlic bread with some substitutions!
- French Bread - If you don't have french bread you can use hot dog buns, hamburger buns or Jimmy John's day old bread makes for a great bread for garlic bread
- Butter - I use a stick of butter, but you can use whatever butter or butter-substitute you prefer.
- Garlic - I always recommend using fresh garlic, but if you have minced garlic in a jar, that works, too.
- Italian Seasoning - I recommend just buying a jar of Italian Seasoning, it'll make any cooking so much easier! If you don't have Italian seasoning, you can use dried basil or oregano, or both!
- Parmesan Cheese - not the freshly grated, although you could use the freshly grated. I use the good ol' Kraft parmesan cheese in a green bottle.
How to make air fryer garlic bread
The trick to making this the best air fryer garlic bread ever is to let your garlic cook with the butter and brown a bit. It adds so much flavor, takes no extra effort other than waiting and stirring and is so worth it!
- Slice - slice your French bread lengthwise then slice those halves in thirds. You'll be able to slice them smaller once they're done cooking.
- Melt and Brown - melt 1 stick of butter over medium heat, and once melted, lower the heat to medium-low. Add in your 4-5 cloves of minced garlic and 1 tsp of Italian seasoning. Stir occasionlly for about 7-10 minutes until your garlic is a light golden brown in color.
- Spread - using a spoon, evenly spread the mixture across your French bread slices. It may not seem like enough, but trust me it is the perfect amount!
- Sprinkle - take your parmesan cheese and sprinkle it on top of your garlic bread.
- Cook - your bread at 350 for 5 minutes. Cook in batches if necessary.
- Serve - immediatley serve your garlic bread so it's nice and hot and toasty!
How long do you cook garlic bread in the air fryer?
When you cook garlic bread in the air fryer it is so quick! In just 5 minutes, you have perfectly crispy and delicious homemade garlic bread. I use the PowerXL Air Fryer Vortex 5QT and I was able to cook both loaves in 2 batches, fitting 4 pieces in one batch and 5 pieces in the other.
Don’t have an air fryer? You can make this easy garlic bread recipe in the oven!
If you don't have an air fryer you can still make the best homemade garlic bread in the oven! Follow all of the steps, including browning the garlic, assembling your garlic bread, and bake the bread at 400 for 10-12 minutes. You'll get equally crispy and incredibly flavorful garlic bread without the air fryer!
Tips for making the best garlic bread
- It's all about the bread. I love using French Bread, it's thick enough that when cooked it doesn't turn into a crouton, but the outside gets the perfect amount of crisp when it cooks and the inside is the perfect amount of warm and delicious. I love going to Jewel in the Chicagoland area and getting French bread from their bakery. Mariano's, Meijer and even Jimmy Johns are great options for buying quality bread, or you can go to your favorite local bakery!
- Patience, I promise the golden brown garlic butter is worth the extra 10 or so minutes. It is the easiest thing you can do, just let it cook over medium-low heat in the butter and let it brown. it adds so much flavor to your garlic bread, it seriously makes it the best!
- Serve immediately, but if you can't, don't worry! It still tastes great re-heated. There are two options for re-heating it. You can either put it in the oven at 350 for 5-7 minutes or you can reheat it in the air fryer at 350 for 2-3 minutes.
Can you reheat garlic bread in the air fryer?
Yes! You can reheat garlic bread in the air fryer. It's such an easy way to reheat garlic bread. Just pre-heat your air fryer to 350 and then you'll want to reheat the garlic bread for 2-3 minutes. It's such a quick and easy way to reheat garlic bread if you have leftovers or you need to make it ahead of time. Similar to how you cook garlic bread in the air fryer, you may have to do multiple batches of bread to ensure that it can all reheat evenly.
Looking for recipes to serve alongside your air fryer garlic bread?
- Easy Homemade Vodka Sauce - I love pairing this homemade vodka sauce with rigatoni noodles for the classic rigatoni alla vodka. It is one of my favorite comfort food meals!
- Easy Homemade Marinara Sauce - This is my family's go-to homemade marinara sauce. It's so easy to make and can easily be done in 30 minutes. Once you learn how easy it is to make this homemade red sauce to pair with your favorite spaghetti, you'll never want to buy jar again! Unless it's Rao's... because who doesn't love that jarred sauce?
- Lasagna with Oven Ready Noodles - Simple and easy lasagna done in about an hour! This no-boil lasagana recipe is one of my go-to Sunday night winter dinner recipes.
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan - Get a lot of use out of your air fryer when you pair this air fryer recipe with this air fryer chicken parmesan! All of the crispy goodness you love about chicken parmesan, without the added oil.
- Tomato and Spinach Spaghetti - This simple spaghetti recipe is always a fan favorite. With a simple garlic and olive oil sauce, it's so light and refreshing.
Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- 1 stick butter
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil and oregano
- Pinch of salt + pepper
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Slice your French bread lengthwise then slice those halves in thirds. You'll be able to slice them smaller once they're done cooking.
- Melt 1 stick of butter over medium heat, and once melted, lower the heat to medium-low. Add in your 4-5 cloves of minced garlic and 1 tsp of Italian seasoning. Stir occasionlly for about 7-10 minutes until your garlic is a light golden brown in color.
- Using a spoon, evenly spread the mixture across your French bread slices. It may not seem like enough, but trust me it is the perfect amount!
- Take your parmesan cheese and sprinkle it on top of your garlic bread.
- Cook your bread at 350 for 5 minutes. Cook in batches if necessary.
- Serve immediatley serve your garlic bread so it's nice and hot and toasty!