Spaghetti Squash Stir Fry with Chicken is one of my favorite, clean-eating weeknight meals. It is packed with vegetables and protein from the chicken and the flavor of this homemade stir fry sauce never disappoints.
WHAT GOES IN THIS STIR FRY RECIPE?
This low-carb weeknight dinner recipe couldn't be any easier. It calls for the below.
- Spaghetti Squash, roasted
- 4-5 cups of your favorite stir fry veggies
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Stir Fry Sauce
- Peanuts, sesame seeds or green onions to top (optional)
When it comes to a stir fry veggie blend, I love buying the Costo Kirkland Stir Fry Vegetable Blend. You can also just buy whatever veggies you like in your stir fry, slice them up and make it fresh. Some veggies I love to include are broccoli, peas, carrots, onions and water chestnuts.
HOW TO ROAST SPAGHETTI SQUASH
Luckily for you, I am obsessed with spaghetti squash recipes and dedicated an entire blog post on How to Roast a Spaghetti Squash.
For this recipe, I'll use a blend of spices that consist of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and granulated ginger. Optional dash of red pepper flakes!
CAN YOU SUB OUT CHICKEN WITH BEEF IN THIS EASY STIR FRY RECIPE?
Yes! You can swap out the chicken for your favorite protein. Whether that is beef, pork or even tofu, you do you.
WANT MORE EASY SPAGHETTI SQUAH RECIPES?
PIN IT FOR LATER!
SPAGHETTI SQUASH STIR FRY
For the Sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce or amino acids
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- ½ lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic or 1-2 cloves
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 teaspoon warm water
For the Stir Fry
- 4-5 cups stir fry veggie blend
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil optional
- 1 lb chicken cubed
- 1 spaghetti squash roasted
- In a large frying pan, heat your oil over medium heat, and brown your chicken.
- While your chicken is cooking, make your sauce. Mix together everything but your 1 teaspoon of cornstarch and 1 teaspoon water.
- Once chicken is browned, set on a plate and set aside. Heat up another 1 tablespoon of oil + your sesame oil and cook your stir fry veggies.
- Add your chicken back in, pour in your sauce and let it all simmer together for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix together your cornstarch and water so you have a paste. Pour that into your stir fry.
- Cook until your sauce has thickened.
- Split this mixture into your spaghetti squash halves. Enjoy!