These Halloween burgers are so cute and so easy to make! If you're looking for easy Halloween food ideas, these Jack-O-Lantern burgers are it. They are so perfect for this time of year and such a fun thing to make for Halloween dinner.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I may earn a small commission when you click on the links and make a purchase. I will never recommend a product that I don’t support 100%.
These were a Halloween staple growing up!
How cute are they? These Halloween burgers are so adorable and perfect for any spooky party.
They’re so easy to make. All you need to do is cut a cute face in some cheese and you have a Halloween burger!
They’re perfect for a small dinner or a party. Whether you're making dinner for your family or looking for food ideas for a Halloween party, jack-o-lantern burgers are perfect for either!
These are such a cute Halloween food idea.
My Grandma O'Malley used to make these every Halloween when all the grandkids were little. The first bite always takes me back to being at their house. They are so cute and perfect for Halloween parties!
What do you need for Jack-O-Lantern Burgers?
Here's everything you need for these Halloween burgers.
Burgers. I chose turkey burgers, but you can use whatever you prefer for burgers.
Cheese. I prefer to use cheddar cheese for the orange color, I think it truly makes it a Jack-O-Lantern burger.
Buns. Grab some buns to serve your burgers on! If you want to get fancy, you can never go wrong with Brioche buns.
Toppings. My favorite burger toppings are ketchup, mustard, onions, tomatoes, pickles, and lettuce. You can also include mayo, aioli, or relish.
How to make Halloween burgers
These Halloween Jack-O-Burgers are so easy to make! Here's how you can easily whip these up for Halloween night.
- Take your slice of cheese, and with the tip of a knife, carve out a jack-o-lantern face. Set the slices of cheese aside and start prepping your burger patties.
- In a large bowl mix together your ground beef and seasoning salt. Form into small burgers.
- Cook your burgers and begin to prep your hamburger buns.
- Slice each bun and butter each half. Place on the grill to warm up, sliced side down.
- Once your burgers are cooked, it's time to assemble your burger patty with all your favorite burger toppings.
- On the bottom bun, place your burger on top. Place your cheese slice on top of the burger, top with your favorite toppings and then place the top bun on top.
Best way to cook burgers?
I prefer to either grill my burgers or cook them on a cast iron skillet. Here are the instructions for both cooking methods.
Tips for grilling burgers on a gas grill
Let your grill get to about 375F - 400F, place the patties over a medium-high flame and let them cook for 3-5 minutes on each side.
Tips for making burgers on a cast iron skillet
Preheat your skillet over high heat and place oil or butter on the pan. Once the oil is smoking or the butter is bubbling, place your burger on the skillet. Don't touch it for 3 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Best cheese for cheeseburgers
You can really use whatever your favorite cheeses are, but here are some great options.
- American Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Pepperjack Cheese
- Colby Jack Cheese
- Munster Cheese
Best toppings for cheeseburgers
There are so many delicious toppings for cheeseburgers, here are some of my favorites.
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Pickled Jalapenos
Substitutions and variations
Jack-O-Lantern. If you want to get creative and carve other fun Halloween icons like black cats, a witches hat, or spiders, have fun with it!
Burgers. If you prefer to not eat red meat, you can make these with ground chicken or turkey, or if you're vegetarian, you can make this with a black bean burger.
Cookie Cutters. If you want to make things really easy, use a cookie cutter! You can find some super cute Halloween ones on Amazon.
Can you make these into sliders?
Absolutely! They make such cute sliders and the perfect Halloween party appetizer. Simply just roll the meat mixture into smaller burgers and buy smaller buns.
Amazon home finds
Pin it for later!
What to serve with Jack-O-Lantern burgers.
- Air Fryer Acorn Squash
- Copycat Sweet Green Elote Salad
- Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts
- Easy Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad
Halloween Burgers (Jack-O-Lantern Burgers)
- 1 lb ground turkey or beef formed into patties
- 3 tbsp seasoning salt
- 6 slices cheddar cheese or other cheese of choice
- Let your grill get to about 375F - 400F.
- Place the patties over a medium-high flame and let them cook for 3-5 minutes on each side.
Cast Iron Skillet Instructions
- Preheat your skillet over high heat and place oil or butter on the pan.
- Once the oil is smoking or the butter is bubbling, place your burger on the skillet. Don't touch it for 3 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Halloween Burgers Instructions
- Slice out a jack-o-lantern face on each slice of cheese. Tip: let your cheese sit out for a few minutes to make it easier to cut.
- Place on top of each burger.