This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #mccainquickcookfries #friesfaster
Being from the suburbs of Chicago, I hadn't found out until a few months ago what a Horseshoe sandwich was. I made this central Illinois staple with McCain® Quick Cook Crinkle Cut Fries. Faster to Prepare. Easier to Share. They're perfect to pair with your favorite summer grilling recipes. Now, let's dive into this Horseshoe sandwich recipe.
WHAT IS A HORSESHOE SANDWICH?
Rumor has it, the Horseshoe originated in Springfield, Illinois. It starts with a layer of thick toast, a grilled hamburger, french fries, and cheese sauce. Like... yes, please, I'll take one.
There are variations of Horseshoe sandwiches, like a Buffalo Chicken Horseshoe or a Breakfast Horseshoe recipe. We're sticking with the classic to show off these McCain Quick Cook Crinkle Cut Fries.
LET'S TALK ABOUT THESE MCCAIN QUICK COOK FRIES.
McCain Quick Cook Fries are made with no artificial flavors. That means natural potato goodness you’ll be proud to serve. These fries cook in half the time* compared to McCain traditional fries. Aside from the quick cook time, there's no flipping required. Just preheat the oven to 425° F. Spread frozen fries in a single layer on a dark, non-stick baking sheet or shallow baking pan. Bake according to the instructions on the packaging.
Takes just minutes to make these 100% real, 100% delicious French fries for a hot-from-the-oven side the whole family will eat just as fast!
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS EASY HORSESHOE RECIPE?
This recipe is pretty simple, here's what you'll need!
- Thick Sliced Toast
- McCain Quick Cook Crinkle Cut Fries, or your favorite McCain Quick Cook Fry (comes in 3 varieties - crinkle, straight, and waffle)
- Cheese Sauce
*Less oven cook time compared to McCain’s traditional fries.
PIN IT FOR LATER!
EASY HORSESHOE SANDWICH RECIPE
- air fryer
- ½ c. Butter
- ½ c. All-Purpose Flour
- 2 c. Milk use 2% or whole
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Dry Mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 8 oz. Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 4 Ground Beef Patties grilled
- 4 slices Thick Toast
- 1 bag 1 bag McCain Quick Cook Crinkle Cut Fries
- 2 c. Cheese Sauce
- Grill your burgers until cooked, set aside.
- Preheat your air fryer to 390°F and then cook your McCain Quick Cook Fries for 7 minutes, no flipping required.
- While your fries are cooking, make your cheese sauce.
- Whisk together your butter and flour to create a roux.
- Slowly add in your milk and continuaously whisk so there are so clumps.
- Turn off the heat. Add in your spices and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Fold in the cheese.
- Assemble your horseshoe from bottom to top: toast, burger, fries, cheese sauce.