Remember the 90's classic Dunkaroos? I'm sharing this homemade Dunkaroo Dip so you can whip up all the nostalgia and get everyone hooked on this easy cake batter dessert dip. It's seriously so good!
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I may earn a small commission when you click on the links and make a purchase. I will never recommend a product that I don’t support 100%.
Yup, you read that right… homemade copycat Dunkaroo dip.
It serves nostalgia. Do you remember Dunkaroo Dip from the '90s? It is seriously one of the best things ever made. Luckily, making homemade Dunkaroo Dip is super easy because you can't find Dunkaroos in many grocery stores. I recently saw ALDI have them, but they were $2 for ONE dip.
It’s fun to customize for holidays. Funfetti always comes out with holiday products, so it's super fun and easy to customize for holidays! I always love an easy holiday dessert recipe that you can make on the theme.
It’s so downright delicious. In case you needed to hear this, it is seriously SO GOOD. It's cake batter dip and it tastes like cake batter ice cream, but you eat it with animal crackers, graham crackers or whatever you like. It's so so good.
What is Dunkaroo dip made of?
Copycat Dunkaroo Dip is made of 5 simple ingredients. No baking, no prep, just mix and serve! Seriously so easy and such a fool-proof recipe.
Funfetti Cake Mix. I bought a traditional Funfetti mix, but you can buy any holiday-themed mix, or a different brand if you prefer.
Cool Whip. Otherwise known as a whipped topping if you're opting for a non-name brand product. You can buy whatever brand, low-fat, full-fat, no matter what you prefer, just make sure you have an entire container of this.
Cream Cheese. I buy regular cream cheese, no flavor or anything. Similar to the Cool Whip, if you prefer a certain brand, or low-fat vs. full-fat, buy whatever cream cheese you like!
Sprinkles. There are not nearly enough sprinkles in the Funfetti Cake Mix, so you absolutely need to add sprinkles.
Vanilla Coffee Creamer. You need just a touch of liquid for this mix and I highly recommend using vanilla coffee creamer! It adds just a hint of richness and I always love adding vanilla to almost any all dessert recipes.
How to make Dunkaroo dip.
Have I mentioned how easy this dessert dip is to make? Um, cause it is truly beyond easy.
First, make sure your cream cheese is softened. If you forget to take it out of the fridge in time, you can simply remove the cream cheese from the aluminum wrapping and microwave it for 5 seconds at a time.
In a large mixing bowl, pour in your Cool Whip, Funfetti cake mix, cream cheese, sprinkles, and vanilla coffee creamer.
Top with more sprinkles and serve with animal crackers, graham crackers or vanilla wafers.
Tips for making the best DIY Dunkaroo dip ever.
- Make sure your cream cheese is room temp! Especially if you are hand mixing your dip, if it isn't room temp, it'll be impossible to fully mix together.
- No cream cheese? No problem, you can always use vanilla yogurt instead.
- Let it chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes prior to serving.
- The more sprinkles the better!
Can you eat cake mix powder?
I do! However, Funfetti recommends spreading the cake mix on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes at 350F, or microwave stirring every 30 seconds until it reaches 160F. They do not recommend consuming raw flour.
How to heat treat flour.
If you want to err on the side of caution, here is how you can heat treat funfetti cake mix.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350F.
- Spread the cake mix in a thin layer on a baking sheet.
- Once your oven reaches 350F, bake the flour for about 5 minutes, or until it reaches 165F. You can always use a food thermometer if you are concerned about heat treating.
Here are some helpful Amazon finds for this recipe!
Other commonly asked questions
Is Funfetti just vanilla?
Funfetti is vanilla, but it's a white cake vanilla with sprinkles!
Can this be made into a vegan Dunkaroo dip?
Unfortunately, I can't say it can. The reason being is that there are no vegan Cool Whip alternatives according to my research. You can absolutely play around with your favorite vegan non-dairy finds to create your own version, though!
Pin it for later!
Looking for some more easy dessert recipes and ideas?
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Drizzled Popcorn
- Air Fryer S'Mores
- Boxed Brownie Hacks
- Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Homemade Dunkaroo Dip
- 8 oz. Cool Whip
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1 box Funfetti Cake Mix
- ⅓ cup Vanilla Coffee Creamer
- ¼ - ½ cup Sprinkles
- First, make sure your cream cheese is softened. If you forget to take it out of the fridge in time, you can simply remove the cream cheese from the aluminum wrapping and microwave it for 5 seconds at a time.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in your Cool Whip, Funfetti cake mix, cream cheese, sprinkles, and vanilla coffee creamer.
- Stir until combined, or if you don't want an arm workout, use a stand mixer or hand mixer.
- Top with more sprinkles and serve with animal crackers, graham crackers or vanilla wafers.