The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence. All opinions are mine alone. #BudLightSeltzerRecipe #UnquestionablyGood #SeltzerSZN
These Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken Skewers are one of my favorite grilling recipes. They're so flavorful, so easy to make and there's a little something for everyone on these skewers!
Sports are looking a bit different this year, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy them to the best of your ability! These Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken Skewers are great for grilling, being outside, having a cold drink like Bud Light Seltzer, and enjoying whatever sport or team you root for.
I purchased the fresh ingredients for my Hawaii Teriyaki Chicken Skewers from my local Mariano's. and you can find these Bud Light® Seltzers to pair with them at your local supermarket and many other locations!
WHAT TO PAIR WITH THESE CHICKEN SKEWERS
These Hawaiian Skewers are so fresh and then mixed with the Bud Light Seltzers that are super easy to drink and have the freshest hint of fresh fruit flavor, it is seriously the best combo. Tropical, savory yet sweet all while being super fresh. I mean, there's nothing better for watching your favorite sports team at home.
LET'S TALK ABOUT BUD LIGHT SELTZERS FOR A SECOND
Over in our apartment, we're pairing these grilled skewers with Bud Light Seltzer. The flavors are SO good and they taste so fresh. That's thanks to the 5-step filtration process Bud Light uses when making their seltzers. It leaves natural carbonation and they only use quality ingredients like sparkling water, real cane sugar, and natural fruit flavor.
Even if you don't like Bud Light, I guarantee you'll love these seltzers. If you know me you know I don't like super sweet drinks. These seltzers are only 100 calories, 5% ABV and less than one gram of sugar. They're seriously perfect.
WHAT GOES ON THESE HAWAIIAN TERIYAKI CHICKEN SKEWERS?
It's so simple what goes on these skewers, and I love taking advantage of produce during this time of year. Everything feels so fresh and it makes for an overall better recipe.
- Fresh Pineapple
- Green Bell Peppers
- Red Bell Peppers
- Orange Bell Peppers
- Red Onion
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
TIPS FOR GRILLING SKEWERS
- SET UP AN ASSEMBLY LINE! Especially dealing with raw chicken, I like to minimize what I'm touching, and the efficiency of putting together these skewers.
- SOAK YOUR WOODEN SKEWERS! This helps to make sure that they don't set on fire while grilling.
- MARINATE! Once your skewers are assembled find a large 9x13 dish or tupperware. Pour some teriyaki sauce on the bottom of the dish, then pour the rest on top of your skewers once they're laid nicely. I used a bottled teriyaki sauce, which adds to the ease of this recipe. If you want to use a homemade sauce and really take the freshness to the next level, Budget Bytes has a great recipe here.
- COOK OVER MEDIUM HEAT! Since you're mixing chicken and veggies that have different cook times, you don't want to absolutely burn your veggies to a crisp while trying to cook your chicken through. Cook on medium heat and everything will turn out perfectly.
- SET A TIMER! Because you're cooking one side at a time, you want to make sure that all sides are cooked evenly.
WANT SOME MORE GRILLING RECIPES?
- The Best Homemade Burger Seasoning - bits + bites
- Perfectly Grilled Steak - Iowa Girl Eats
- Grilled Potatoes in Foil - Spend with Pennies
HAWAIIAN TERIYAKI CHICKEN SKEWERS
- Grill (indoor or outdoor)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 green bell pepper cubed
- 1 red bell pepper cubed
- 1 orange bell pepper cubed
- ½ pineappble cubed
- 1 red onion cubed
- 1 jar teriyaki sauce
- 10 skewers if bamboo - soak them in water first!
- Dice up your chicken, veggies + pineapple and place them in separate bowls to put together your assembly line.
- Put together your skewers by red pepper, red onion, pineapple, chicken, green pepper, red onion, pineapple, chicken, orange pepper, red onion, pineapple.
- Once all are assembled, place in a 9x13 dish and pour your teriyaki sauce over them. Marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Grill over medium heat, once the chicken is fully cooked and enjoy with a refreshing Bud Light Seltzer!