Ok, so this is the first cheeseboard I have ever put together. To be completely honest, I thought it would be a disaster. I think it turned out pretty alright though. The Jewel by my house didn’t have prosciutto… whiiiiiich was kind of upsetting. However, I don’t think I could fit one more thing on this board. Note to self: get a bigger board, or multiple.
Thanks to many “anatomy of a cheeseboard” Google searches and “Cheeseboard” Pinterest searches, and especially this article by The Skinny Fork— I planned out what I would put on the board. So, let me take you through what I’ve got on this board.
- Honey Crisp Apples- especially a cheeseboard for fall, apples I felt apples like were a must. They’re in season, and so so good this time of year.
- Apple Smoked Gouda– Keeping with the apple theme, and everyone loves a good smoked gouda (right? at least I do). I saw it and knew I immediately needed it.
- Raspberry Sweet n’ Hot Pepper Jelly by Peggy’s Peppers– I saw it and was like “oh my god that’s my mom’s name!” and plus the fact that I love a good sweet and spicy jelly, I knew I had to get it. Let me tell ya, this pepper jelly was so good.
- Salami- since I wasn’t able to have prosciutto, I got salami. A close second in my book.
- Sharp White Cheddar– I like sharp cheddar because I feel as though it pairs nicely with both sweet and salty aspects of a cheeseboard.
- Olive Medley- I. Love. Olives. That’s all.
- Brie Cheese– Brie cheese is the bomb.com, so I had to include it.
- Raw Almonds- to include another crunchy texture other than the crackers.
- Blackberries- I wanted to include one more fruit on there and blackberries never disappoint
- Dried Figs- I just felt like a cheeseboard wasn’t sophisticated and complete until it involved a fig.
I used a board like this one here as the base. I love the look of wooden logs as serving platters and what not. I think it’s adorable.