Sweet Potato Cheese Fries with Goat Cheese, Caramelized Onions and Pomegranate Seeds
This is sweet potato cheese fries topped with goat cheese, caramelized onions, and pomegranate seeds. You get all the flavors and feels with this dish. Sweet, salty, bitter, crunchy, juicy. Aaaaand that’s where I’m going to stop cause I can’t think of any more adjectives.
My roommates and I had people over to watch the Cubs game on Friday, and I (with the help of my roomies and friends), made a “pick-at” dinner. These cheese fries were on the menu along with turkey burger sliders (topped with pickled jalapenos, sauteed mushrooms and a garlic bacon aioli…. yeah….. they were really good… recipe coming soon), mini hot dog skewers, and spinach artichoke dip.
Below you will find the recipe for this aaaaaaamaaaazing appetizer!
Sweet Potato Cheese Fries
- 3 sweet potatoes, sliced into fries
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- 1 onion, caramelized
- 1/2 c. pomegranate seeds, or more/less depending on what you want
- 1 container crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat your oven to 450.
- In a large bowl, toss your sweet potato fries in the oil and seasonings.
- On a large cookie sheet, spread your fries evenly.
- Cook for 35 minutes.
- Once cooked, place in a medium sized, oven safe dish. Top with your goat cheese and put back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Take out, top with pomegranate seeds, and enjoy!