Spinach and artichoke dip is always a crowd pleaser. So is roasted garlic and bacon. Then for those who like it a little spicy, jalapenos are too. Not to mention all this goodness is just drowning in three different types of cheeses. This dip is incredibly easy to make, and should definitely be added onto your list of apps to make for the Super Bowl, or a lazy Sunday or literally whenever.
I made this recipe a year ago, and loved it so much I saw no need to make a change. Why fix something that isn’t broken???? With a better camera, and kind of better idea of what I’m doing, I wanted to re-make, re-write, and re-shoot this ahhhhhhmazing dip.
This is perfect for the Super Bowl (cause go sports, am I right?), because nothing says America more than drowning vegetables in tons of fattening ooey gooey cheese and bacon all with football on the TV. Plus, with the jalapenos, you can choose whether or not you want to seed them, half seed them, or fully seed them. No matter what way you decide to seed them, they still add a flavor and crunch to this dip that is phenomenal.
And yes, I am 100% that person who uses the Super Bowl as an excuse to cook for my friends and have a viewing party (by viewing party I absolutely mean my friends sitting on the couch talking with the background noise as the game). But, then again, you can’t NOT have the Super Bowl on.
Roasted Garlic + Bacon + Jalapeno Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese, half a block
- 1 c. Greek Yogurt, plain
- 1 c. Mozzarella, shredded
- 1 c. Parmesan, shredded
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 7 oz. Artichokes (roughly 4-5 hearts), chopped
- 1 c. Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 4 slices Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, chopped
- Using a large frying pan, cook your bacon. Once cooked, place on a plate covered with a paper towel. Let the bacon cool. Don't touch the grease in your pan.
- While the bacon is cooling, chop your garlic and jalapeno into tiny pieces.
- Your bacon should be cooled enough to chop. Chop your bacon into tiny pieces.
- Dump the grease into the garbage. Leave whatever grease residue there is left over on the pan.
- Using your bacon-greased pan, dump your garlic, jalapeno, and bacon onto the pan.
- While this that mixture is cooking in the pan, get a large pot out.
- In the large pot, over medium heat, heat your cream cheese, greek yogurt, mozzarella, parmesan and coconut oil. Stir until the mixture is completely melted together.
- Stir in your artichokes and spinach
- Stir in your bacon, garlic, and jalapeno mixture
- Stir for a few more minutes, add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!